Monday, August 10, 2009

A New member of the Family

Hi All.

I wanted to introduce the newest member of my family. Pippin. He is a 3 year old male Pug. My son Shane and his wife Liz had to make a very hard decision to let Pippin go. They just moved to Farmville, Virginia and Pippin was having a very hard time with the humidity. So they called me and asked if I would take Pippin and move him to Northern California. That started the grand adventure.

I flew out of Sacramento Sat July 25, 2009 with a short stop in Long Beach Ca to visit my brother Jim and attend his granddaughter's wedding reception. Then on to Richmond Va by way of New York. The original plan was that I would meet up with Dawn in NY on Thursday July 30th and we would fly home together. But oh no the weather gods decided that I needed to stay in Farmville for a little longer. Wed night the JFK to SMF flight was canceled due to weather concerns. That took approximately 150 off that flight and rolled them over to the next days flights. We you fly standby like I do that is not a good situation. Several other flights where canceled and the saga begins. Finally I was able to fly out on Sat Aug 8th and made it home.

Pippin did very well for his first flight. I had be training him the whole time to go into his flight carrier and go to sleep. I really paid off as he traveled very well.

After the short flight from Richmond to JFK Pippin spend around 7 hours waiting for the flight to Sacramento. We went to the Dog area at T5 walked around for a while, took a nap, walked around some more and then went for a ride on the Airtrain. Pippin did very well with the elevatiors and the moving sidewalks. He was not to sure about the moving sidewalks, but after several times on them he was ok. He didn't like the noise on the airtrain but other than that he was just fine. Laid down at my feet and slept or sat at my side as we rode around the airport.

1 comment: