Monday, August 31, 2009

Dogs at School

Got a call from Shannon and she wanted to know if I could go get Blake as Sonny was asleep. So Pippin and I went to Blake's school which is behind my house. As Pippin and I are walking up I see a woman with her two kids sitting on the bench in front of the school where I am to meet Blake. Now that would normally not be something I wouldn't pay much attention to except she also had 2 dogs. One a very large pit bull mix and the other a Shepard mix. As I drew closer of course the pit bull lunges toward Pippin. As I had anticipated this action I had positioned Pippin behind me. The women said "I am so sorry she normally doesn't do this" except that both dogs did the same thing lunge for Pippin. Not only lunged put pulled the woman and her child who was holding the lease off the bench. The daughter screaming "Mom I can't stop her". Pippin was really good he stayed right by my side where his is supposed and totally ignored the other two dogs.

Just then the Principle walks out and says "You can't have any dogs on campus" and the woman goes oh I didn't know. So she gets up and leaves dragging her two dogs with her. Pippin was able to stay as he is a service dog.

I talked with the Principle for a few moments while waiting for Blake and she remarked how well behaved Pippin was.

It is really sad that people do not train their dogs to be out in public. They may be quite and dociel at home, but most of the time they are not in public or around other dogs, cats etc.

When a dog pulls you off a bench and drags you 3 or 4 feet it is not under your control. Or runs around the neighbor hood attacking other pets as what happen to Brad's cat Cozmo.

I had a nice walk with Blake to his house and Pippin really enjoyed the walk especially since it is 20 degrees cooler today. Blake really enjoys walking with Pippin.

1 comment:

  1. Grandpa and Nonni - You are very far away and I hope you have choo choos at your house. I miss Pippen and am glad he's doing so well. He walks on Grandpa's side! Keep writing more stories about Pippen!

    Love,
    Dennis

    ReplyDelete